Monday, February 4, 2008

aside

Also, quite briefly, since I am now 21, I decided to treat myself to a little drink as I watched the super bowl last night. Alcohol triggers my gag reflex, so I am trying to find ways to make it slightly more palatable. Last night I discovered that a quarter cup of white wine, with three quarters cup of Diet Coke suits me just fine: heavy on the Diet Coke, extremely light on the white wine. Plus, I threw a little ice in the glass.
Just so that everyone knows, when I took a career and personality test, I scored extremely low on the adventurous category. I say, why ferment the fruit juice when Sam's Choice grape juice tastes so much better?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little insulted about you not having enough material in Indiana. First of all, Thoreau (yes, I did have to google the spelling on that, I didn't have you around to consult) shut himself up by a little pond and he's famous. Famous. Trust me, I've heard lots of people talk about him. I think Satterlee's a big fan. Second of all, you had PLENTY of material. Did you ever think to look in your own apartment? I mean, crazy things were happening! But now you're a city girl and you have bigger things to write about. Whatever. But even without exciting surroundings, I love to read what you write. It's like the 5th best thing to having you hear. Some of the higher ranking things are phone conversations, e-mails, facebook shaboublies, and the like. So keep writing, wherever you are. Unless you're with me, in which case you need to stop writing and start snuggling.

Anonymous said...

I should proofread my stuff, I know you will. That should be, "having you here".

Anonymous said...

My dear, if you're going to start mixing coke with alcohol...I suggest rum. :)

Oh, and I'm very excited for your Chicago adventures. But I'm not going to lie - I'm even more excited about you joining me in South Korea.
Love you. Keep in touch.