Friday, March 14, 2008

top ten

Life has been extraordinarily good to me recently, and I feel that it might be beneficial to complete a top ten list as I complete my sixth week in Chicago. In no particular order, these are ten small, but beautiful, things that I experienced this week:

1. Multiple cinnamon crunch bagels from Paneras with lots of cream cheese on hand.
2. An 80 GB silver iPod that arrived in the mail on Wednesday.
3. Kisses from Bryce and Angelica.
4. A walk along Lake Michigan with Ruby, my aunt's dog.
5. Wandering into a sushi restaurant in downtown Chicago; I ordered spicy tuna and sweet potato tempura. It was off the hook.
6. Listening to Timbaland with the windows rolled down on a warm day.
7. Bryce asking me, "Do you want to marry a guy that thinks you're great and you're good friends and you like to spend time together?" Yup, that's the plan, son.
8. Cuddling with my (former) roommates in Indiana.
9. Actually wanting to present my senior paper.
10. Realizing God is gracious and generous in sparing good friends from sure injury.

Let's just say, I like waking up in the morning these days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list, I am glad you have found such great things to be grateful for and yeah, number 7 sounds like a totally good plan :)

Anonymous said...

I highly approve of your life and goals. It makes me so happy to see my little Elizabeth flying high and free. Bryce is wise and you should follow his advice*. As for 8, check out my Facebook profile pic. I just can't get enough. Regarding 9, you were fabulous. Might I say, there was something about you that was different. For anyone who knew you well, they might have detected a slight attitude that conveyed, "I have graduated. These are not my fellow students and my professors no longer grade me. I've got this presentation in the bag." It was cool. I can only hope that my first few months out of college are this fulfilled.

*all marriage candidates must be screened by commenter and pass all random drug tests

Anonymous said...

P.S. I posted the anonymous comment.