Thursday, June 26, 2008

favorites so far

Of course I haven't taken advantage of everything that Chicago has to offer in the summer time. I haven't the time, nor the money. However, I will say that if I was independently wealthy and needed no job, I could easily fill my time with concerts, movies, outdoor restaurants, festivals, tours, and the like. Now that it is the end of June, I thought it might be useful for me, and mildly entertaining, to jot down the things I have enjoyed most about this summer:

1. Taking a nap in Millenium Park: the sun was on my face, the grass was cool, and I was completely unconscious.

2. Drinking a beer outside: it's relaxing.

3. Playing the piano with the windows open.

4. Slogging through the mud at The Blues Festival to see B.B. King perform.

5. Eating a picnic at Ravinia: jazz, dessert wine, and good company.

6. Building sand castles with Bryce and Angelica at the beach.

7. Dashing into the lake with friends at 10 o'clock at night while wearing American flag swim trunks as a few friends shot fireworks over our heads.

8. Wearing sun dresses whenever I want.

9. Dancing to soul music at a Wicker Park bar.

10. Smelling summer when I wake up in the morning.

There are still quite a few things on my summer list, most of which I hope to fulfill, although it seems to be rushing past me at a far greater clip than I anticipated.

1 comment:

flattedsixth said...

perhaps i should add a B.B. King show for you. ^_^